Describe yourself in five sentences or less:
Scottish playwright who will quit Livejournal when she dies and not a minute before.
Married to the best of men, joyfully childfree with the filshie clips and rescue cat to prove it.
Godless skeptic who can't shake her obsession with ghosts.
Fascinated by trauma, bereavement and mental health stuff.
Kind of a wanker.
Top 5 Fandoms:
I don't do fandom as such, so how about just stuff I like?
1. I'm playing a lot of interactive fiction games at the moment. Loving Fallen London and Sunless Seas. 80 Days is my absolute favourite, though.
2. I'm a voracious reader. Currently on a Shirley Jackson binge. Other favourite writers include Stefan Zweig, Christopher Isherwood and Alasdair Gray.
3. I love film and TV. Favourite films include Amadeus, The Lion in Winter and Sunset Boulevard. I enjoy Game of Thrones but find it less emotionally brutal than my childhood favourite, Knightmare. I've been obsessively rewatching Rick and Morty over and over since last October.
4. I geek out over history and consider myself a keen armchair historian. The 18th century is the period that fascinates me most, yet most of my work is set in the 17th because the people who commission me like to torment me.
5. My musical tastes are pretty eclectic, but the things I'm listening to most just now are Julia Kent's Character, A New International's Come to the Fabulon, and Matt Elliott's The Broken Man. I consider myself very lucky to do a job that brings me into contact with a lot of different musical styles.
I mostly post about...
What's happening with my life and my writing, occasional rants about things that get on my nerves. Well, mostly things that get on my nerves, to be honest. Come on, it's LJ. We've all been here a while. You know the rules and so do I.
My last three LJ posts were about...
Excitement at seeing a book to which I contributed being endorsed by a very important author.
The difficulty of finding a good massage therapist who isn't on the point of moving to another country.
The friend who has been living with us for a while preparing to move out and how odd it's going to be not having all my favourite people under one roof.
How often do you post? How about commenting?
I have little bursts of activity. Sometimes I go for a couple of weeks without posting, then there'll be a flurry of posts over a few days, then a quiet spell again. Same with comments.
A GIF to describe how your day has been today so far: (Wait, you can do gifs on LJ now? It never occurred to me to try before now. Well, here goes...)